Hi everybody,

you might have heard that freenode.org recently changed management under weird circumstances. Given that we use their services for our project chat, this concerns us as well.

In last week's leadership meeting we had a wide variety of opinions: To go for libera.chat (a network created by former freenode staff), some other IRC network, to leave IRC behind and go for something newer and Matrix and Mattermost have been brought up as examples of where this might lead. Of course, we could also decide to stay on freenode, although from what transpires that option seems less and less attractive every day.

So, what should we do?

Regards,
Patrick