Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing fine

I would like to do some trials to see if I may be able to support few boards I
have cause they are aftermarket withoout EFI and without firmware updates and
not working as I would like them to.
(https://askubuntu.com/questions/1370496/cant-boot-latests-lives-for-install-without-kernel-option-noapic-would-like)
I really would not like to throw them...

They are X58 chipset with ICH10  with Xeon Westmere on socket 1366 and SuperIO
NCT5532D.
(https://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/datasheet/x58-express-chipset-datasheet.pdf)
(https://www.intel.com/content/dam/doc/datasheet/io-controller-hub-10-family-datasheet.pdf)
(https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/1042365/novoTon/NCT5532D/1)

I have the tooling to backup and restore the flash and already done that few
time.
I have built latest coreboot (4.14 using lenovo x201 config) with EDK2 firmware
as payload (edk2-stable202108 NOOPT) successfully but nothing is happening
after flash swap and power on.

I have RS232 debug working at ttyS0 (at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4, base_baud = 115200)
is a 16550A)
>From the original firmware, just after power on, even before any bip or
>display or keyboard light I see "Socket = 0" on serial, so the the original
>firmware is able to output to this serial very early.

I read quite a lot of literature about coreboot, but still, I am not sure how
to pursue now.

Thanks in advance,
Have a nice day,
Best Regards,