Hello Peter,

Thank you for your email.

On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 6:41 PM Peter Stuge <pe...@stuge.se> wrote:

> But it would be great to also consider what the user story is for
> people who want to use this on other mainboards.
>
> Ideally it shouldn't be neccessary to buy a niche product like a RAM
> breakout adapter; it would be great to also explore more ways to
> access the SMBus signals, e.g. PCI Express optionally has SMBus,
> smart batteries have it, etc.

The VGA and HDMI interfaces also use the SMBus.
Theoretically we should be able to use a VGA[3] cable and expose
the wires of pins 12(SDA) and 15(SCL) to access the bus.
I can test that proof of concept if I complete the project earlier
than expected.

[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector

Thanks,
Husni.