hi Amar,

What you're looking to change is not in coreboot, but the
Tianocore/edk2 payload - and from your post, a very old version of it,
since I'm not aware of any recent version booting directly into Boot
Maintenance Manager (unless you're building from upstream edk2, and
not including the EFI shell in the build, and don't have a valid UEFI
boot device available).

In terms of modifying/saving settings, upstream Tianocore does not
have a mechanism to do this when used as a coreboot payload; you need
to use the default Tianocore payload option in coreboot (my fork) and
enable coreboot's support for SMMSTOREv2 in order to have bootorder
and other settings persist.