https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/386#change-1360

* Author: gzz5f gzz5f

* Category: board support

* Target version: master

* Start date: 2022-06-05

* Affected versions: master

* Needs backport to: none

* Affected hardware: ASUS P8Z77-V LX2

* Affected OS: all

I build coreboot today for the ASUS P8Z77-V LX2 and used the latest coreboot
master code.

The 2 8GiB DIMMs are working fine at first boot. You can start computer,
install from a live media the OS and so on. But at the second boot it failes
boot forever and its bootooping. It does not make a change if i boot for a
second until SeaBIOS output and then turn off the computer or use the computer
for longer time. The second boot is always broken.

Workaround 1: Remove one of the two 8GiB DIMMs. Then the computer also starts
fine after a reboot.

Workaround 2: Install two 4GiB DIMMs instead of two 8GiB DIMMs. Then the
computer also starts fine after reboot.

Workaround 3: At every boot boot for a second with one DIMM. Turn off the
computer, insert the second DIMM and start it again.

kmalkki told me to rebuid the image with DEBUG_RAM_SETUP=y

I then build a second image, with DEBUG_RAM_SETUP=y.

The logfile contains the first successfull boot (created with Workaround 3),
the poweroff and the poweron with the bootloop. I have let it bootloop few
times before turned off the PSU.

coreboot_logfie.txt (197 KB)

coreboot_logfile_cleaned.txt (160 KB)

--

You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it,
or are involved in it.

To change your notification preferences, please click here:
https://ticket.coreboot.org/my/account