https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/477#change-1457

* Author: Stan Janssen
* Target version: none
* Start date: 2023-03-31
* Affected hardware: Starbook MK V
I have a StarBook MK V with Coreboot connected to a Dell S2719DC external
monitor that supplies 45 W of power over USB-C. However, the laptop draws more
than the available 45W of power and the display shuts down with a warning
message: "Excessive Power Draw from connected device".

I understand that this power management feature could be handled in Coreboot.
Is this a feature that could be supported in Coreboot in the future? Is there
something that I could do to support the development of this feature? Is there
a workaround in the meantime?

Thanks!

--
You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it,
or are involved in it.