On Friday, April 6, 2018 9:57:08 AM UTC Christian Gonzalez wrote:

> We are interested in supporting CoreOS to deploy Docker Engines in
> OpenNebula clouds. We'd like to know the procedure to make OpenNebula one
> of the supported providers for Ignition, and have it pushed upstream.
> Is this something you'd be interested in? We'd appreciate any pointers you
> can give us in this direction.

Hi!

It looks like your provider supports both vmware and kvm VMs, so you
may just want to inject the userdata when starting the node:
 *
https://coreos.com/os/docs/latest/booting-on-vmware.html#vmware-guestinfo-interface
 *
https://github.com/qemu/qemu/blob/d75aa4372f0414c9960534026a562b0302fcff29/docs/specs/fw_cfg.txt

If your cloud offers a metadata endpoint for node introspection, you may
want to add support for it to https://github.com/coreos/coreos-metadata

Ciao, Luca

--
"If you build a wall, think of what you leave outside it" - Italo Calvino