On 09/10/2019 11:14, Jeff Layton wrote:
On Wed, 2019-10-09 at 10:19 +0100, Pádraig Brady wrote:
On 19/09/19 16:59, Jeff Layton wrote:
v4:
- set appropriate STATX_* bits for time_type, sort_type and
   print_block_size

v3:
- syntax cleanups. make syntax-check now passes

v2:
- add wrappers for stat_for_ino and fstat_for_ino, don't factor out loop
   detection
- style cleanups

Sorry for the delay in reviewing.

This looks good, except for the usage
of AT_STATX_DONT_SYNC when retrieving inode info.
Sure that generally doesn't change, but that
would be file system dependent, and I have seen
file systems that populate inode with counters etc.
Anyway that sort of decision would be best done
in the kernel I think, where it would have the
info whether it needs to sync for STATX_INO or not.

OK for me to push without the DONT_SYNC ?

Sure, that seems reasonable. Let me know if you need me to resend.

Pushed without AT_STATX_DONT_SYNC.
Also added the new statx.h to noinst_HEADERS,
and used our _GL_ATTRIBUTE_PURE define rather than
the less portable __attribute__.

https://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=coreutils.git;a=commitdiff;h=a99ab26

thanks,
Pádraig