On 9/18/2016 9:02 AM, Albretch Mueller wrote:
"Where
Mathematics Comes From: How the Embodied Mind Brings Mathematics into
Being" which, as I remember, I didn't find that impressive, mostly due
to my hard sciences bias, I find a bit weak the way researchers come
to conclusions when it comes to the so-called Humanities.

For two books written by mathematicians who cover the
same material (and more), see

Hadamard, Jacques (1945) The Psychology of Invention in the
Mathematical Field, Princeton University Press.

Pólya, George (1954) Mathematics and Plausible Reasoning,
Volume I: Induction and Analogy in Mathematics, Volume II:
Patterns of Plausible Inference, Princeton University Press.

Polya's book appeared in the early days of AI, and it was the
primary source for the ideas (and terminology) of heuristics.
He also wrote a shorter and more popular book for students:

Pólya, George (1945) How to Solve It, Princeton University Press.

For a short summary of related issues, see

Halmos, Paul R. (1968) Mathematics as a creative art,
American Scientist 56, 375-389.
http://math.slu.edu/~srivastava/Halmos.pdf

John