**[Apologies for cross-postings]

Dear colleague,

We would like to update you with additional information about our symposium, to be held at the

Department of English and German Philology
University of Santiago de Compostela

1-3 December 2016
http://www.usc.es/congresos/pacor
The deadline for abstract submission is now *October 15, 2016.*

Guest speakers include:

·Josep MARCO BORILLO (Universitat Jaume I, Castellón, Spain)

·Martin VOLK (Universität Zürich, Switzerland)

·Rosa RABADÁN (Universidad de León, Spain)

·José João ALMEIDA (Universidade do Minho, Portugal)

This symposium is held by the research group SpatiAlEs (Spatial Relations German/Spanish) at the Department of English and German Philology (University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain). Main goals of this Symposium are to identify key challenges in building parallel corpora by bringing together different research perspectives with a special focus on the applications, and to provide a platform for presentation of projects on parallel corpora where Spanish is the pivot language.

Please visit the website (www.usc.es/congresos/pacor <http://www.usc.es/congresos/pacor>) for information about list of topics, submission, registration, and for updates:

We look forward to receiving your proposal and hope you will be able to join us in Santiago.

Kind regards,

The organizing committee

Call for Papers&Abstract Submission

In addition to the guest lectures we welcome submission of abstracts for a 15-minute talk presenting studies on Parallel Corpora. Within this general framework papers are welcome from a range of subfields in three categories:

1) Design, annotation and visualization of parallel corpora regarding their applications in:

(a) Contrastive linguistics

(b) Human translation and translation learning

(c) Machine translation

(d) Language teaching and learning

(e) Lexicography

2) Tools to meet the needs of the different applications

(a) Methods to mine parallel corpora. Automatic extraction from the Web, use of other source texts. Issues.

(b) Annotation, tagging, sentence and word alignment of parallel corpora.

(c) Corpus query and visualization tools for parallel corpora.

3) Presentation of existing bilingual parallel corpora, in which Spanish is included or multilingual corpora in which Spanish is the pivot language. For this purpose presentations on currently online available corpora are particularly relevant.

Due to the widespread use of English in this field, the organizing team recommends English for submissions. Nevertherless Spanish, Portuguese and German are also accepted.

Papers of presented talks will be submitted to a peer review process. Those positively assessed will be published in the Conference Proceedings.

Please submit your abstract using this online submission form.

--

*Maite***

Dra. María Teresa Sánchez Nieto

FACULTAD DE TRADUCCIÓN E INTERPRETACIÓN

Universidad de Valladolid - Campus Universitario Duques de Soria, s/n

E-42004 SORIA

Tlf. 0034 975 12 91 20 - Fax 0034 975 12 91 01

http://uva-es.academia.edu/MaiteSanchezNieto

*skype**: mait.e.sn **||**twitter @MTSanchezNieto*

http://pensandosobretraduccion.blogspot.com

http://www.researcherid.com/rid/F-4292-2016