Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for a postdoctoral fellow to work with me in the areas of machine
learning and natural language processing, at the computer science department of
Tulane university. The goal of this position is to develop structured machine
learning models for extraction of spatial semantics form natural language and
extending this to exploit the visual information, that is, images aligned with
text. The models will be developed using a declarative learning based
programming (DeLBP) framework using Java/Scala. The candidate, if interested,
will collaborate in developing the DeLBP language itself too. This position
entails excellent training opportunities in machine learning, natural language
processing, combining various modalities and grounding language in perception.
The current funding is for two years.

QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge in machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language
processing,
Publication record with peer-reviewed publications,
PhD in computer science or related area,
Experience/interest in open source software development and fluency in
programming languages such as Java and Scala are preferred.

APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Candidates must apply via Interfolio here
https://apply.interfolio.com/37114<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__apply.interfolio.com_37114&d=CwMFAg&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=6MiNZ0Jid_ul14_QznX4Ho1kNTS-nYzzx9lwSdUJh-Y&m=o_SD3uD6C-z7TPYxIgTIqdVzL6wXkRWgY54tCXEK7B0&s=inApQYfXF3PDfVjnhExzW-x2pXjZv_d7yLA12cXZZkM&e=>,
 and provide the following: CV, cover letter, and at least three letters of
recommendation.
To receive full consideration, applications should be received by Friday,
October 14th.

Tulane University is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/persons
with disabilities/veterans employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Tulane will not discriminate against individuals with disabilities or veterans.
All eligible candidates are encouraged to apply.

I welcome any inquiries about the position, please Email me at
pkord...@tulane.edu<mailto:pkord...@tulane.edu>.

Thanks,

Parisa Kordjamshidi,
Assistant professor
Departments of Computer Science
Tulane University
Homepage<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cs.tulane.edu_-7Epkordjam_index.htm&d=CwMFAg&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=6MiNZ0Jid_ul14_QznX4Ho1kNTS-nYzzx9lwSdUJh-Y&m=o_SD3uD6C-z7TPYxIgTIqdVzL6wXkRWgY54tCXEK7B0&s=i62nM2EzoIy6c-mcxRmdeAxdHERuiCHlDKBiTj-vni8&e=>