Thanks Olga, BUT I don't see how Spearman's (or other) rank correlation formula
measures overlap between 2 ranked lists containing some different words.

For example, what is the similarity between 2 "distributional semantics"
representations of God?:

(1 move, 2 bless, 3 and, 4 forbid, 5 have, 6 be, 7 create, 8 do, 9 know, 10
want) and

(1 bless, 2 blesses, 3 delusion, 4 incarnate, 5 hates, 6 himself, 7 exists, 8
almighty, 9 forbid, 10 rest)

 A simple measure involves count of overlapping words (bless, forbid) i.e. this
scores 2 (or 2/10, or 2/20)

BUT I also want to take into account ranks: (bless 2,1), (forbid 4,9)

Does God shed light on my problems?

Eric

Eric Atwell, Asst Prof, Language@Leeds and Artificial Intelligence groups,
School of Computing, University of Leeds, Times University of the Year 2017