Hello Eric,

When I ran into the problem of non-identical lists, I simply added the
missing terms to the other list with a very low rank (say >100). For simply
comparing their relative ranks then, you could probably also use Kendall's
Tau of Goodman and Kruskal's Gamma.  If you also want to account for the
semantics, then incorporating cosine similarities of the respective word
vectors in one of these formulae should probably be not that difficult.  In
one of our projects, I think, we were computing several different metrics
at once, including Jaccard similarity of two extracted keyword sets and the
reciprocal of the number of crossing edges in the two ranked lists.

Kind regards,
Wladimir