Python developer with experience in machine learning and NLP (m/f)

Location: Vienna, Austria
Start: as soon as possible
Employment: full time

Who we are:

Bitpanda is Europe’s leading digital asset platform (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum &
co) and one of the fastest growing FinTechs. We have the vision of creating an
eco-system that allows a simple entry for beginners and an optimised usability
for the advanced users. For this, we constantly work on new innovations and see
ourselves as pioneers for the future financial and payment industry. To achieve
our visions of the future, we work closely with financial services, banks and
several trading platforms. Bitpanda is a visionary and rapidly expanding
Start-Up, which is why we are looking for highly motivated and tech-savvy team
members, who share our vision and choose to help and shape the future of the
emerging FinTech industry.

Field of activity:

At Bitpanda, we are looking for a passionate and driven team-member who will be
assigned to an agile team. You will be writing code which interacts directly
with the well-known blockchains like Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and others.

We have an emerging interest in the application of AI, machine learning and
statistical natural language processing, mainly for the purpose of real-time
analysis social and news media, and exploring the relationship between this
data and price information.

If you are looking for a position, that will be both challenging and rewarding
in equal measures, then Bitpanda is the right place to work.

What you should offer:

- Completed or nearly completed Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline
- Excellent Python skills (v. 2 and 3)
- Familiarity with Git, SSH, etc.
- Knowledge of key Python libraries for AI, machine learning, deep learning and
NLP, and ability to devise and implement novel methods for collecting and
analysing linguistic and statistical data
- Familiarity with Docker
- Thorough understanding of REST service anatomy
- Appreciation for writing asynchronous non-blocking code
- Familiarity with unit testing and continuous integration
- English and/or German language skills
Optional: experience with Flask and/or Django
Optional: Experience with Amazon AWS

Knowledge of blockchains and cryptocurrency, especially in terms of
programming, is a definite advantage, but not essential.

What we offer:

- A chance to get involved in one of the leading FinTech Start-Ups and thereby
help shape a growing, forward-looking and innovative field
- An ensured salary according to the collective agreement and a possible
overpayment depending on the qualification
- Learning in the FinTech field
- Flat hierarchy and short communication channels
- Exciting and challenging projects, which offer room for your creative ideas
- Prompt takeover of self-responsibility
- Diversified and challenging tasks
- Very good working atmosphere in a young and motivated team
- Free drinks and snacks in our office in Vienna 1070

Are you ready for this exciting ride into the future with us?

Then we look forward to receiving your detailed application, which you’ll
please send to car...@bitpanda.com<mailto:car...@bitpanda.com> with the
reference “Application: Python Developer (m/f)”.