### NAACL 2018 Student Research Workshop (SRW) - Final Call fo Papers ###
*** Final call for papers: Submission deadline: Friday, 02 March 2018 ***
The SRW workshop will be held in conjunction with NAACL HLT 2018 in New
Orleans, Louisiana. Main conference: June 2-4, 2018
Paper Submission Deadline: March 02, 2018 (11:59pm PST)
### General Invitation for Submission ####
The Student Research Workshop (SRW) provides a venue for student
researchers to present their work in computational linguistics and natural
language processing. Students receive feedback from the general conference
audience as well as from mentors specifically assigned according to the
topic of their work.
We invite papers in two different categories:
* Thesis Proposals: This category is appropriate for advanced students who
have decided on a thesis topic and wish to get feedback on their proposal
and broader ideas for their continuing work.
* Research Papers: Papers in this category can describe completed work, or
work in progress with preliminary results. For these papers, the first
author must be a current graduate or undergraduate student.
Topics of interest for the SRW are the same as NAACL main conference. See
the list of topics at http://naacl2018.org/call_for_paper.html.
Benefits of participation
* All accepted papers will be presented in the main conference poster
session, giving students an opportunity to interact with and present their
work to a large and diverse audience, including top researchers in the
* All accepted thesis proposals will be presented during a session at the
main conference, giving students an opportunity to receive feedback from
assigned mentors and other researchers.
* All accepted papers will be published in the NAACL 2018 SRW Proceedings.
* Each participant is also assigned a mentor---an experienced
researcher---who can provide valuable advice on the submission during the
pre-submission period and mentoring during the conference.
* Submission for mentoring deadline: January 22, 2018 (extended from
January 15, 2018)
* Papers submission deadline: March 02, 2018
* Acceptance notification deadline: April 02, 2018.
* Camera-ready papers due: April 16, 2018.
All deadlines are calculated at 11:59 pm (PST/GMT -8 hours)
All papers should follow the two-column format of the NAACL HLT 2018
proceedings (available here http://naacl.org/naacl-pubs/). All papers will
have a maximum limit of 6 pages for content, with unlimited additional
pages for references. Papers which do not conform to these specifications
will be rejected without review. Submissions must conform to the
specifications of NAACL HLT 2018 call for papers regarding multiple
submissions and preparing papers for the double-blind review process.
Use the Softconf link below for submission:
* New ACL policies for concerning arXiv, citation, and anonymity:
* Pre-submission mentoring details available in the website:
We expect to have grants to offset some portion of the students' conference
registration, travel and accommodation expenses. Further details will be
posted in the SRW website:
The co-chairs of the workshop can be contacted by email at:
naacl2018-...@googlegroups.com. More details will be posted at the workshop
* Silvio Ricardo Cordeiro (Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul)
* Shereen Oraby (University of California, Santa Cruz)
* Umashanthi Pavalanathan (Georgia Institute of Technology)
* Kyeongmin Rim (Brandeis University)
* Sam Bowman (New York University)
* Swapna Somasundaran (ETS Princeton)
UNSUBSCRIBE from this page: http://mailman.uib.no/options/corpora
Corpora mailing list