This is the final call for participation in a shared task on metaphor detection
held at the workshop on processing figurative language @NAACL2018.
Metaphor is a commonly used form of figurative language. Consider, for example:
"In Washington, people change dance partners frequently, but not the dance"
(metaphors are italicized). The goal is to classify all content words in a text
as being a metaphor or not, as well as a separate classification task just for
For more details about participation and to register to the shared task, please
* 3/8/18: Last day for submitting predictions on test data
* 3/15/18: Papers describing the systems are due
* 4/2/18: Notifications for papers are sent
* 4/16/18: Camera ready papers are due
* 6/6/18: Workshop, New Orleans, LA
Organizers of the shared task:
* Ben Leong, Educational Testing Service, cleong [AT] ets [DOT] org
* Beata Beigman Klebanov, Educational Testing Service, bbeigmanklebanov
[AT] ets [DOT] org
* Ekaterina Shutova, University of Cambridge, es407 [AT] cam [DOT] ac [DOT]
For more information about the workshop on computational approaches to
figurative language see https://sites.google.com/site/figlangworkshop .
Consider submitting a paper!
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is
intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or take any action
in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from your
system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.
Thank you for your compliance.
UNSUBSCRIBE from this page: http://mailman.uib.no/options/corpora
Corpora mailing list