COMPANY OVERVIEW

Nuance is a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions, with its
headquarters in Burlington, Mass.

At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their
connected devices and the digital world around them.  We are creating a world
where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human,
natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.

Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the
inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.

Join our Mobile team...; intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are
passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk
to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart "things".

JOB SUMMARY

The Dragon Research Language Modeling Linguistics team is looking for two
interns, native speakers of resp. English (with EU citizenship) and German. As
an intern, you will be responsible for cleaning up our pronunciation
dictionaries of English or German, i.e.:

- Creating manual pronunciations (4-8 hours/week)
- Cleaning up semantic attributes which are used for adding words to specific
products
- Detecting and removing inconsistencies in orthography and pronunciation
- Removing automatically added and unverified entries using heuristics
- Reviewing field data and helping out with lexical bug fixing

REQUIREMENTS

- Bachelor in linguistics or computational linguistics
- Basic knowledge of phonetics and phonology of English/German
- (Near-)native knowledge of English or German [knowledge of other languages is
a plus]
- Basic working knowledge of Linux
- Good scripting skills for text file manipulation, including regular
expressions (Python or Perl)
- Ability to do multitasking

INFORMATION

Location:

Nuance Merelbeke office (near Ghent, Belgium)

Application deadline:

March 23, 2018. Interviews will take place via Skype.

Start and duration:

Starting May 1 or later
Duration: 4-6 months

Remuneration:

About 1600 EUR/month

If you are interested, please send an e-mail with your resume and a motivation
letter to peter.di...@nuance.com<mailto:peter.di...@nuance.com>.

Peter Dirix
Manager of Linguistic Engineering, Corporate Research
NUANCE COMMUNICATIONS bvba
Guldensporenpark 32,
B-9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Tel. +32 490 111151  (cell phone)
This e-mail and its attachments are confidential information of Nuance Inc.