*-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------CLEF-2018
FACT CHECKING LAB: Call for
Participationhttp://alt.qcri.org/clef2018-factcheck/
<http://alt.qcri.org/clef2018-factcheck/>Contact:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/clef-factcheck
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/clef-factcheck>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------**
Call for Participation
**---------------------------------------------------------------------Introduction---------------------------------------------------------------------We
invite you to take part in our shared task on the identification and
verification of claims in political debates. Two tasks, available in
English and Arabic, are included:Task 1: Check-Worthiness. Predict which
claim in a text should be prioritized for fact-checking. In particular,
given a debate, the goal is to produce a ranked list of its sentences based
on their worthiness for fact checking.Task 2: Factuality. Checking the
factuality of the identified check-worthy claims. In particular, given a
sentence that is worth-checking, the goal is for the system to determine
whether the claim is likely to be true, half-true, or false, or that it is
unsure of its factuality.Our lab is held in conjunction with CLEF 2018 in
Avignon,
France.---------------------------------------------------------------------How
Participate---------------------------------------------------------------------1.
Register for the Fact Checking Lab at
http://clef2018-labs-registration.dei.unipd.it/
<http://clef2018-labs-registration.dei.unipd.it/>2. Join the Google Group
for the task: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/clef-factcheck
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/clef-factcheck>3. Download the
datasets and tools from
https://github.com/clef2018-factchecking/clef2018-factchecking
<https://github.com/clef2018-factchecking/clef2018-factchecking>4. Train
you models to approach either or both tasks in one or two languages.5.
Submit your results on the test sets.6. Submit a paper describing your
approach.7. Come to Avignon and present your
27    Registration closesApr 28    Beginning of evaluation cycle for Task
1May 4    End of evaluation cycle for Task 1May 5    Beginning of
evaluation cycle for Task 2May 11 End of evaluation cycle for Task 2May 31
Paper submissionJun 29 Camera-ready paper submissionSep 10-14 Conference
(Avignon, France)*