Sorry for crossposting!

                         CALL FOR PAPERS
Linguistic and Cognitive Approaches To Dialog Agents (LaCATODA 2018)
http://arakilab.media.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/LACATODA2018/
<http://arakilab.media.eng.hokudai.ac.jp/LACATODA2018/>
IJCAI-ECAI 2018 Workshop, Stockholm, Sweden
(Part of the Federated AI Meeting, FAIM 2018)
Between July 13 and 15, 2018
IMPORTANT DATES:
Paper Submission: 15 May 2018
Acceptance/Rejection Decision: 7 June 2018
Camera-Ready Submission: 30 June 2017
Session dates: One of three days preceding the main conference (13-15 July 2018)
SUBMISSION:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lacatoda2018
<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lacatoda2018>
WHAT IS LACATODA?
A multidisciplinary workshop for researchers who develop more sophisticated
dialog agents and methods for achieving more natural machine-generated
conversation or study problems of human communication which are difficult to
mimic algorithmically.

ABOUT:
Six decades of failure to pass the Turing test by computers leads us to rethink
previous approaches, lean towards new technologies and knowledge sources, and
combine them with advances in philosophy, linguistics and cognitive science. We
stress the fact that the age of information explosion and more powerful
learning algorithms gives us a whole new spectrum of possibilities for creating
an intelligent machine. Many marvelous ideas of the dawn of Artificial
Intelligence research faced problems of exceptions and the impossibility of
manual input of all needed knowledge, but today we have vast amounts of data
from sensors, images and text so that we can rethink classical AI methods and
approaches to dialog systems. The increased use of WWW, Internet of Things or
knowledge bases, etc. could allow us to determine standard human behaviors,
emotions or even moral reasoning according to the Wisdom of Crowds hypothesis.
Collective input data could also help to retrieve knowledge about
 the physical world we live in. By combining Natural Language Processing
methods with cognitive architectures and philosophy of mind, we can discover a
new range of intelligent systems that understand us, our environment and our
feelings. In this context, we see a role for NLP and cognitive approaches to
play in developing a new generation of user- friendly, more autonomous but
still safe systems that, through interaction with the user and the world, can
learn how to reason, behave or speak naturally. We are interested in original
papers on systems and ideas for systems that use common sense knowledge and
reasoning, affective computing, cognitive methods, learning from broad sets of
data and acquiring knowledge, or language and user preferences.
The workshop intends to spark an interdisciplinary discussion on joining forces
to return AI to its original, broader and deeper goals which are currently
represented by AGI – Artificial General Intelligence. In our opinion, these
goals and their challenges are distinctly visible in dialog understanding and
generation tasks.
After three successful LaCATODAs associated with Society for the Study of
Artificial Intelligence and Simulation of Behaviour (AISB), International
Association for Computing and Philosophy (IACAP) and IJCAI 2017 conferences, we
plan another workshop under the IJCAI umbrella to take place in Stockholm on
July 13-15, 2018.
TOPICS:
Affective computing
Agent-based information retrieval
Attention and focus in dialog processing
Artificial assistants and tutors
Common sense knowledge and reasoning
Computational cognition
Conversational theories
Daily life dialog systems
Emotional intelligence simulations
Ethical reasoning
Humor processing
Language acquisition
Machine learning for / from dialogs
Text mining for / from dialogs
Philosophy of interaction / communication Preference models
Unlimited question answering
User modeling
Wisdom of Crowds approaches
World knowledge acquisition
Systems and approaches combining above topics
ORGANIZERS:
Rafal Rzepka, Hokkaido University, Japan
Jordi Vallverdú, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
Andre Wlodarczyk, Charles de Gaulle University, France
PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
Kenji Araki (Hokkaido University, Japan)
Aladdin Ayesh (De Montfort University, UK)
Erik Cambria (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
Pawel Dybala (Jagiellonian University, Poland)
Haris Dindo (Yewno, USA)
Mark Ellison (Australian National University, Australia)
Ben Groetzel (Novamente, USA)
Dai Hasegawa (Tokyo University of Technology, Japan)
Ryuichiro Higashinaka (NTT, Japan)
Yasutomo Kimura (Otaru University of Commerce, Japan)
Pawel Lubarski (ClinWork, Poznan University of Technology, Poland)
Fumito Masui (Kitami Institute of Technology, Japan)
Mikolaj Morzy (Poznan University of Technology, Poland)
Koji Murakami (Rakuten, USA)
Noriyuki Okumura (Otemae University, Japan)
Michal B. Paradowski (Warsaw University, Poland)
Michal Ptaszynski (Kitami Institute of Technology)
Tyson Roberts (Google)
Koichi Sayama (Otaru University of Commerce)
Marcin Skowron (Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence,
Austria)
Masato Tokuhisa (Tottori University, Japan)
Yuzu Uchida (Hokkai-gakuen University, Japan)
Katarzyna Wegrzyn-Wolska (Efrei/Esigetel, France)
Adam Wierzbicki (Polish-Japanese Institute of Information Technology, Poland)
Zygmunt Vetulani (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poland)
Motoki Yatsu (Aoyama Gakuin University, Japan)
--
Rafal Rzepka (Assistant Professor / Dr. Eng)
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology,