COMPANY OVERVIEW

Nuance is a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions, with its
headquarters in Burlington, Mass. and European main offices in Merelbeke
(Ghent, Belgium), Aachen, Ulm, Turin, and Budapest.

At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their
connected devices and the digital world around them.  We are creating a world
where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human,
natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.

Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the
inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.

Join our Mobile team...; intelligent systems now ready for the road. We are
passionate about developing intelligent interfaces that enable people to talk
to their cars, phones, devices, and other smart "things".

JOB SUMMARY

The Dragon Research Language Modeling Linguistics team is looking for a native
speaker of German for an internship. As an intern, you will be responsible for
cleaning up our German pronunciation dictionaries, i.e.:

- Creating manual pronunciations (4-8 hours/week)
- Cleaning up semantic attributes which are used for adding words to specific
products
- Detecting and removing inconsistencies in orthography and pronunciation
- Removing automatically added and unverified entries using heuristics
- Reviewing field data and helping out with lexical bug fixing

REQUIREMENTS

- Native speaker of German
- Bachelor or Masters (preferred) in linguistics or computational linguistics
- Basic knowledge of phonetics and phonology of German
- Near-native knowledge of English, as that will be the internal language of
communication
- Basic working knowledge of Linux
- Good scripting skills for text file manipulation, including regular
expressions (Python or Perl)
- Ability to do multitasking

INFORMATION

Location:

Nuance Merelbeke office (near Ghent, Belgium)

Application deadline:

May 1, 2018. Interviews will take place via Skype.

Start and duration:

Starting between June 15 and July 15.
Duration: 4 months

Salary:

About 1600 EUR/month

If you are interested, please send an e-mail with your resume and a motivation
letter to peter.di...@nuance.com<mailto:peter.di...@nuance.com>.