A shared task on Sarcasm Detection

As part of the FigLang 2020 workshop, we are organizing a shared task on
sarcasm detection. Sarcasm detection has received considerable attention in the
NLP community in recent years (Joshi, 2016). This current shared task aims to
study the role of conversation context for sarcasm detection (Ghosh et al.,
2018). We will be using two different datasets: Twitter conversations and
conversation threads from Reddit. For both datasets, we will provide the
immediate context (i.e., only the previous dialogue turn) as well as the full
dialogue thread, when available. The goal is to understand how much
conversation context is needed or helpful for sarcasm detection.

For more information about the shared task and to participate visit our CodaLab
site<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fcompetitions.codalab.org%2Fcompetitions%2F22247&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGWNqb_zTYjCeiR0pn1TjKGcLvpig>.

Important dates:

*  January 19, 2020: CodaLab competition is open; training data can be
downloaded

*  February 19, 2020: Test data can be downloaded, and results submitted;
performance will be tracked on CodaLab dashboard

*  March 22, 2020: Last day for submitting predictions on test data

*  April 18, 2020: Papers describing the systems are due

*  May 8, 2020: Notification of acceptance

*  May 18, 2020: Camera-ready papers due

*  July 9-10, 2020: Workshop

Contact

*  Debanjan Ghosh<mailto:dgh...@ets.org>

*  Smaranda Muresan<mailto:sm...@columbia.edu>

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom it is
intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail in error,
please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or take any action
in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete it from your
system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited.

Thank you for your compliance.