You're welcome, Asim, Yes, I do remember that. Unfortunately, I have had some problems with my laptop (the keyboard is broken, so I had to buy a new one, there have also been some troubles with the USB), so I have been unable to use the computer properly. I also had to purchase a new optical mouse a few days ago, since the old one had begun to double every click - a sort of unbearable behaviour, you know? :-(
Now it's OK, but there's so much work ahead of me now that chatting - even answering all the emails - is barely an easy task for me. I hope there will be opportunities, though. Best, Petr P.S.: As for the grammar graphs and charts, I have not found them yet, but I can make some new for you, convert them to PDFs and upload to the forum. Nevertheless, that's gonna take me some time, so, please, be patient, Asim ;-))) 2006/11/10, Asim Khan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: > Thanks Petr, > > Do you remember that we have already chatted with each other Petr? > > > On 11/10/06, Petr Hrubis < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > > > Well, no. The letter "c" would be dropped except for the sequence "ch" > > (for the sound in "chain", "rich" etc.) Every sound /k/ would be spelt > > as "k" - ALWAYS. > > > > Later, the digraph "ch" would be replaced by "c" to put down the very > > same postalveolar affricate (i.e. "cain", "ric" etc.) > > > > :-) That's what Mark Twain suggested. > > > > Best, > > > > P. > > > > 2006/11/10, Asim Khan <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >: > > > And if after C there is only I and Y so it gives the sound of K other > wise > > > it always gives the sound of S. > > > > > > On 11/9/06, Petr Hrubis < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote: > > > > > > > > And? > > > > > > > > 2006/11/8, krissy < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>: > > > > > > > > > > when c is before e ,i or y, must pronunce [k] > > > > > such as:cake picture coat music; > > > > > and[k] > > > > > like:school headache chemistry > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > > > Thanks & Regards > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -- > Thanks & Regards > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Correct my English" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For more options, visit this group at http://groups-beta.google.com/group/correct-my-english -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
