On Jan 8, 2014, at 8:50 AM, Zhen Qian <zq...@umich.edu> wrote:

> Hi, all:
>
> After successfully testing of the CoSign proxy cookie on the test CoSign
> server, we updated the production CoSign server with the same settings.
> However, the proxy cookie files are not working now.
> [Mon Jan 06 16:34:42 2014] [error] mod_cosign: netretr_proxy: 443 RETR:
> (.+\\.mpathways|.+)\\.dsc\\.umich\\.edu cannot retrieve cookies.
> [Mon Jan 06 16:34:42 2014] [error] mod_cosign: choose_conn: can't retrieve
> proxy cookies

You need to configure the weblogin servers' cosign.conf to permit the service
to retrieve proxy cookies. This is done by adding a "proxy" line for the
service CN pattern. The relevant section from the cosign.conf man page:

       The proxy keyword allows a given service to retrieve proxy cookies  for
       other  services.   proxy  takes  two arguments, a client CN regex and a
       path to a proxy file. The proxy file contains the hostname and service‐
       name  for  the  proxy  cookies, one per line, whitespace‐delimited (see
       Examples).  The  CN  regex  must  match  a  prior  service   entry   in
       cosign.conf.   The  proxy  keyword replaces the combination of the "P"
       flag with a path in older versions of Cosign.

So you need to contact your weblogin administrators and ask them to add a
"proxy" line for your service's CN.

andrew