On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 11:11 PM, Andrew Mortensen <and...@weblogin.org>
wrote:

tl;dr: "Couldn't identify an authenticator for 'username'" almost always
> means "username submitted a bad password".

Ok.  That makes sense, and I think would explain why we see that error as
frequently as we do.

As the code currently stands, nothing is logged if cosign_login_krb5
> doesn't succeed.

Was that different in 3.0.x?

I see the "Couldn't identify authenticator" error in our production logs
when I mistype my password..

[Fri May 30 09:29:04 2014] [error] [client 35.2.14.100] Couldn't identify
an authenticator for 'liamr', referer:
https://weblogin.umich.edu/cosign-bin/cosign.cgi

I don't see in our test environments, tho (v.3.2.0).

I'm pursing this for a specific helpdesk incident.  The helpdesk says that
they've verified the password (though are not clear on what that means).
 Are there any characters that cosign would disallow, misinterpret, choke
on?

Liam