Group,
I'm trying to setup a new Win2008/IIS7.5 Server with a website using Cosign for
AuthN and IIS's URL Authorization for AuthZ. When configured as such, I get the
correct login, but when accessing the resource I get "not authorized to view
this page". Below is the error message details and my overall configuration. Am
I missing something easy?

My Setup
1.) Cosign'd entire site
2.) Create subfolder /test/
3.) web.config file in test contains

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
<system.webServer>
<security>
<authorization>
<remove users="*" roles="" verbs="" />
<add accessType="Allow" users="craig.benner" />
</authorization>
</security>
</system.webServer>
</configuration>

Detailed Web Error from Web Browser Screen HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized
You are not authorized to view this page due to invalid authentication headers.
Module  UrlAuthorizationModule
Notification    AuthorizeRequest
Handler         JWildCardHandler
Error Code      0x80070005
Requested URL   https://intranet.acc.uao.psu.edu:443/test/
Physical Path   E:\inetpub\intranet\wwwroot\test\
Logon Method    Cosign
Logon User      craig.benner

Most likely causes:

    * No authentication protocol (including anonymous) is selected in IIS.
    * Only integrated authentication is enabled, and a client browser was used
that does not support integrated authentication.
    * Integrated authentication is enabled and the request was sent through a
proxy that changed the authentication headers before they reach the Web server.
    * The Web server is not configured for anonymous access and a required
authorization header was not received.
    * The "configuration/system.webServer/authorization" configuration section
may be explicitly denying the user access.

Thanks.
Craig Benner

Programmer/Analyst
Undergraduate Admissions Office at The Pennsylvania State University
814-865-8106
craig.ben...@psu.edu
Tech Blog: www.cfhero.com