On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 1:09 AM, Christian Seberino <cseber...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> If the 1st web app has its own login system....can that be used
> instead of LDAP?

Something that Mark didn't mention, but I feel is important to point out...

If you have multiple web apps that can authenticate against LDAP configured
to authenticate against LDAP, all that gives you is a common credential
store.  (i.e. the account names and passwords are the same for each
application).  It does not give you SSO.  You would still need to sign into
each application separately.

All I want is users to authenticate against one web app and not have
> to authenticate against the second web app

If the applications can be configured to use some sort of SSO (Cosign,
Shibboleth, whatever), the SSO is the webapp that first web app.  Once
they've authenticated against the SSO, any other application configured to
use the SSO shouldn't require authentication.

--
Liam Hoekenga
ITS Identity and Access Management