We've been doing that too. We just ran up against a case where it's not an
option - a very large deployment that can't realistically accommodate the
memory requirements of so many forked workers. Threaded workers, no problem.

More distributions appear to be picking MPM-worker as their default behavior,
so this seems to be a good opportunity to make our filters more robust.

-- Jorj