Len

Some updates on my research regarding the Chambers family in Newtownstewart.

First, I have documented information that John Chambers and Martha McClear
(McCleir) were the parents of Mary Ann Chambers (Wildey, McGowan).  This is
from her Disinterment Document.  At the bottom of this document it lists the
Occupation of her Father as “Linen Merchant”.

Mary Ann and Thomas Chambers are both buried at the Green-Wood Cemetery in NYC.
 I received information from the cemetery that is consistent with all of this.
I am trying really hard to find the obituary for Thomas Chambers, but to date,
no success.

By the way, I found records of John and Martha buried at Ardstraw from the
Kabristan.org Archives.

I went back to look at the passenger list for the John Stuart 1852 and
determined that the Thomas Chambers is probably not my relative since it shows
a family of Chambers with wife and two children.  So back to the drawing board
to find how and when he got to the USA.

At this point it looks like we will visit Newtownstewart around June 14-15.

In the meantime, I’ll keep plugging away.  Thanks for your help.

Tom