Hello Chris

Couldn’t resist following on, from your mention of Parry Sound below.   Would
you know of any researchers in your area?

I’m chasing a Co. Tyrone fellow who was a munitions factory worker in Parry
Sound in 1917 -1918 – so looking for local help.   Would there be any sources
in Parry Sound that might help?   Or any special local history of the munitions
factory in that era?

Details that I have are as follows:

Andrew Mitchell

*       born 22 July 1877 at Castlemellon (near Cullion), Donagheady parish,
co. Tyrone

*       came to Canada probably in 1904

*       was a worker in the munitions factory at Parry Sound [Ontario] on 20
March 1917 when he married Rose (or Roseanna) Gagne (she was also a munitions
factory worker)

*       in Parry Sound still on 27 September 1918, when they had a stillborn
son (attendant doctor Dr Biehn)

*       both died in Toronto in early February 1920, from the influenzas
epidemic (buried at St John’s Cemetery, presumably York County, Toronto)

Incidentally, this was a case of a Presbyterian/R.C. marriage – and not the
only one in this family!

Sincere thanks

Dave Mitchell

Cape Town