Hi All
I am trying to find information on the family of John McKee, tithe and
Applotment records 1826 of Cavanakeeran, Pomeroy, tyrone Ireland
http://www.cotyroneireland.com/tithe/pomeroy.html. I believe John McKee
is my gg grandfather who we know as John McCoy. He and his wife Mary
Gaddis moved with their children, Margaret, James, Robert, Wm, Anne, and
Mary Jane to Canada 1838. They followed, I believe the Rev David Evans
from Pomeroy to St Therese Quebec Canada and later to Richmond Ontario
Canada. Rev Evans was married to Elizabeth McKee who I think might have
been John's daughter from a previous marriage. There was a group of
individuals who's names appear in and around Cavanakeeran in 1826 and St
Therese 1838/9 and Richmond 1842, leading me to believe a number of
families followed Rev Evans. Neither John or Mary could read or write
accounting for the name changes.
Hope someone can help me find the conclusive evidence I am looking for?
cheers
Ron McCoy