Hi
I am trying to research families that I am related to who came from
Castlederg , Co. Tyrone.There are three families which we wish to search
for- Fox, Scott and Verner.
My great great grandfather was John Fox , born 26.3.1816, baptised in Derg
church on 31.3.1816.
My great great grandmother was Matilda Scott, born in 1809, death and
burial is recorded in Derg records for 27.12..1849 aged 40. Her residence
is listed at time of death as Ballylennon and I wonder whether she infact
was Presbyterian and that would account for her baptism not being in Derg
records ?
They appear to have had six children : Catherine born 1836 approx, not in
Derg records, Isabella (my maternal great grandmother) born 7.01.1838,
baptised in Derg church 23.01.1838, Rebecca born 19.01.1841, baptised in
Derg church on 21.03.1841. Matthew born 25.07.1843, baptised 17.12.1843,
Robert born 7.01.1846 baptised 29.03.1846
and John born 18.01.1849, baptised 20.01.1849.All boys appear to have been
baptised in Derg church.
John Fox and his three daughters emigrated to Australia in 1855 with no
mention of his sons  John and the girls settled in Adelaide , girls married
and to cut a long story short, I am descended from Isabella's line.
 The Verner connection relates to the said family who also originated from
Castlederg and who married one of the other Fox girls- Catherine, in
Adelaide and we have cousins in Australia descendants from these original
girls from Castlederg. Catherine's husband was William Verner, born c 1833
but died young in 1865. William's father was John Verner birthdate approx
1816, his wife was Jane Scott born c 1814 and they had six children-
William  born c 1833, John born c 1835, Anne born c 1837,Sarah born c 1842,
Thomas born c 1843 and Margaret c 1845. The whole family emigrated to
Adelaide, Australia in two groups, one in 1855 and the second 1857.
I would appreciate any advice

*Appreciate if my name and email address is not shown on website*

--
Yvonne Abbott MAnSc.,
Chief Technical Officer

P: +353 (0)1 716 6175