________________________________
From: Peter Kincaid <jwk...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 12:37:22 AM
To: Len Swindley

Actually I am blind.  It was Presbyterian.

Peter

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 1:18 AM Len Swindley
<len_swind...@hotmail.com<mailto:len_swind...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
Hello Peter,

You do not state the source of your information, but will attempt to address
your query. Have referred to my copy of Derry Clergy and Parishes – Canon J. B.
Leslie (1937) for relevant data to assist your research and am not sure that it
will offer any joy.
As you state, the original extensive Bodoney parish was divided (date is up for
conjecture, but Leslie states “When Bodoney Lower was separated from Bodoney
Upper and constituted a parish the Church was built at Gortin in 1730, and the
income from tithes was about seven hundred and fifty pounds”.
Early clergy are listed and those who served in the parish in the early
eighteenth century were:
RECTORS
1671 James Barclay (i.e. Berkeley)
1701 James Gratten
1708 Edward Cheevers
1710-17 Thomas Breviter
1746 John Torrens

Nothing relevant may be located in the list of CURATES. Sadly, according to
Canon Leslie, there is nothing to indicate that Rev. James Chrystie held a seat
in the parish, let alone a chair!
Is it possible that you may possess any further information offering an avenue
for further research?

Regards,
Len Swindley, Melbourne, Australia

From: CoTyroneList
<cotyronelist-boun...@cotyroneireland.com<mailto:cotyronelist-boun...@cotyroneireland.com>>
 on behalf of Peter Kincaid via CoTyroneList
<cotyronelist@cotyroneireland.com<mailto:cotyronelist@cotyroneireland.com>>