Ron,

Thanks for posting this link. If you can find the public list it would be a
real boon to CTI. I sorted by Tyrone and there were over 5,000 names. The
transcription on Ancestry is awful - I checked a lot of the ones I thought
were wrong - I wonder if they received it like that or had it done?

Cheers,
Kathleen

On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 5:37 AM Jim McKane via CoTyroneList <
cotyronelist@cotyroneireland.com> wrote:

> I would think so but check to see what their rules might be.
>
> thanks for your diligence,
> Jim
>
> Jim McKane
> South Bruce Peninsula, Ontario
>

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 8:15 AM Ron McCoy via CoTyroneList <
> cotyronelist@cotyroneireland.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jim
>>
>> If I can find it from the Cdn Archives again is that OK to transcribe? I
>> know that I found these documents there originally but am having trouble
>> finding them again? These doc. on Ancestry.com are the documents that I saw
>> a couple of years ago from the Archives in the public domain. Would
>> ancestry have bought the right to copy them and the archives then take them
>> off the public access? I obviously don't know how this copyright idea works
>> of information. It seems odd to me that my families records would be
>> copyrighted by Ancestry. I don't begrudge giving them money for information
>> they make easily available but not to hold the records hostage.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Ron
>> On 2019-02-25 8:02 a.m., Jim McKane via CoTyroneList wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ron - I'd love you to transcribe them BUT we'd be in HUGE copyright
>> legal problem with Ancestry.
>>
>> Great idea BUT completely illegal.
>>
>> Sorry
>> Jim
>>
>> Jim McKane
>> South Bruce Peninsula, Ontario
>>

>> On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 6:32 AM Ron McCoy via CoTyroneList <
>> cotyronelist@cotyroneireland.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Jim
>>> Below is the complete record of the 100th reg of foot war of 1812. It
>>> took me some time to find it again and I was unable to refind in the
>>> Archives but I did find it in Ancestry.com. There is approximately 800
>>> names of the reg. and rough count 65 who are from Tyrone. This is a
>>> complete list unlike the one in King and Canada which focus in on
>>> Goulburn Twp. My relatives are in this group along with many interesting
>>> other facts. This list is great because it lists where people came from
>>> so Wm Vaughan came from Dublin and the parish of ST. Thomas. Is this of
>>> interest? Would you want me to transcribe the Tyrone names? If so how do
>>> you want them transcribed? While our interest is Tyrone you can see that
>>> most of the regiment is made up of Ulster men hit hard by economic down
>>> turn many Weavers.
>>>
>>> https://www.ancestry.ca/interactive/3253/40940_2000729172-00277?pid=94075&backurl=https://search.ancestry.ca/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv%3D1%26dbid%3D3253%26h%3D94075%26tid%3D%26pid%3D%26usePUB%3Dtrue%26_phsrc%3DUVS1401%26_phstart%3DsuccessSource&treeid=&personid=&hintid=&usePUB=true&_phsrc=UVS1401&_phstart=successSource&usePUBJs=true#?imageId=40940_2000729172-00277
>>> Cheers
>>> Ron McCoy

*Cuimhnigh ar na daoine ónar tháinig tú*
*"Remember the men whence you came."*