Carmen,

Statutory birth registration only started in Ireland in 1864, so you
won’t find a birth certificate for Alexander or Matilda. Prior to that
year you need to rely on church baptism records, where they exist.
Likewise for marriages, statutory marriage registration only started
in 1845 (for non RC marriages) and 1864 for RC.

Tradition was to marry in the bride’s church (after which she’d
usually attend her husband’s).  That they were buried in Coagh
Presbyterian is a hint that it was possibly Alexander’s family church.
And it might have been Matilda’s family church too.

If so, the news is not great. That church has no baptism records
earlier than 1839. It has marriages for 1820-1822 and then none till
1845.  If that is the church where they were baptised and married then
there don’t appear to be any surviving records.

Did the couple have any children, and if so do you know where they
were baptised?

Elwyn