Barb,

Cooel is part of Coolavannagh townland, or an alternative name for it.
Today that’s on the Glen Rd outside Drumquin. I see a death for a
William Coulter in Cooel on 3.2.1884 aged 67. His son William was the
informant.

There’s this 1 Coulter family there in 1901:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tyrone/Clunahill/Coolavannagh/1722817/

Son Samuel was born at Cooel on 15.4.1872, and from that birth
certificate I can see his parents were William Coulter & Catherine
Wilson. You can see where the family farmed using the maps on the
Griffiths Valuation site:

http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/index.xml

Use the slider bar in the top rh corner to overlay a modern map on the
contemporaneous one.

Same family in 1911:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Tyrone/Clunahill/Coolavannagh/852722/

Drumquin Presbyterian church only has records from 1845 onwards so
there are unlikely to be any records for the births of your John
Coulter c 1760 etc. There’s no Coulter family farming in Cooel in the
1826 tithes. There was a William farming in Curraghamulkin which is
not too far away. I have no way of saying whether he’s the William who
stayed in Ireland.

https://cotyroneireland.com/tithe/longfieldwest.html

Elwyn