Angela,

I see that Patrick McPhillips was in the RIC, and presumably stationed
at Trillick when he met Margaret. RIC policy was not to post an
Officer to a county in which he or his wife had connections.
Consequently when a police officer married someone local as in this
case, it normally meant they had to move to another county. So that
probably explains their move to Belfast. His service records may be on
Ancestry.

Patrick appears to have been born in Latnamard, parish of Aghabog, Co. Monaghan.

I see 3 children to Patrick & Margaret’s marriage, all born in Belfast:

Patrick 13.7.1898
John 4.2.1902
James 29.4.1910

Here’s the family in the 1901 & 1911 censuses:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Dock_Ward/Spamount_Street/937355/

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Dock_Ward/Spamount_Street/138472/

Griffiths Valuation for 1860 lists just 1 Maguire household in
Monyegar. That was Charles. He had 2 plots of land. Charles appears to
have died in 1877 aged 83, and the farm then passed to Bernard (who is
there in the 1901 census).

These 2 Maguire households in Moneygar in 1901:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tyrone/Trillick/Moneygar/1741219/

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tyrone/Trillick/Moneygar/1741232/

Sarah Maguire died 20.2.1900 at Moneygar, aged 80. Her son Arthur was
the informant.

https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1900/05771/4631142.pdf

A Probate abstract from the PRONI wills site. The full file is in
PRONI in paper format. If you can’t get there in person they’ll copy
it for a fee:

Maguire John of Moneygar Trillick county Tyrone farmer died 29 March
1948 Probate Londonderry 22 December to Thomas McGee publican. Effects
£682 5s.

There were half a dozen McPhillips families in Latnamard in 1901. I’ll
let you work out which is the right one:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Monaghan/Drumhillagh/Latnamard/

Elwyn