Hello Sue,

The YARROW sisters arrived in Sydney January 1842 from Oritor, Co. Tyrone as
assisted immigrants (passages had been paid by the colonial government) on the
“Margaret”.

Oritor is a 289 acre townland within Kildress parish, near Cookstown

KILDRESS TITHE APPLOTMENT BOOK entries for both Yarrows and Nobbs (phonetic
spelling is of no concern as it was fully acceptable at that time)
https://www.cotyroneireland.com/tithe/tithe_Kildress.html
NABBS, Thomas, Orator
YARROW, James, Stramackilmartin
YARROW, John, Stramackilmartin
YARROW, Mathew, Orator
YARROW, Thomas, Strens

JAMES and JOHN NEWBURY from Oritor arrived in Sydney as assisted immigrants on
the “Oriental” April 1850; have you encountered them in your research? It is
possible they were related or neighbours persuaded to emigrate as a result of
encouraging letters received from Sydney?

GRIFFITHS VALUATION, KILDRESS PARISH, c1858
http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/
NEWBURY, Henry, Corchoney
NEWBURY, Terence, Cloghfin
NOBBS, George, Gortin
NOBBS, James, Oritor
NOBBS, John, Oritor
YARROW, James, Meenascallagh
YARROW, John, Meenascallagh

DEATH OF MRS NOBBS, Oritor 1863
December 4 1863
NOBBS. November 22, at Orritor, near Cookstown, Mrs Nobbs, aged 100 years
(Tyrone Constitution)

The Yarrows and Nobbs origins were most likely English, as those that emigrated
to Australia are described as Protestants; in Irish terms this indicates they
were members of the Church of Ireland.

Hoping this is useful,
Len Swindley, Melbourne, Australia