At 12:24 PM 11/2/98 -0600, you wrote:

>My flight instructor and I were trying to figure out how much of the
>left-turn force (during take-off) was being caused by P-factor vs.
>propeller precession vs. engine torque vs. propeller slip-stream. I have
>read that most is from the propeller slip stream hitting the vertical
>stabilizer.

Hi David.  I'm not experienced in the two-tailed coupe, but
this is an interesting question.

I think you must be right about the slipstream being the cause of the
left-yawing on the takeoff roll.

There probably isn't any P-factor since propellors usually seem to be
facing directly forward in the takeoff roll attitude.  You'd get it at
rotation,
though.

There wouldn't be any precession until you rotate, so that's not it
either.

Engine torque tries to roll the plane, not yaw it, and since it can't roll
while on the ground, that's not it either.  Well, maybe the left tire has
more drag because it's supporting more weight from the left-roll effect?
:-)

So I guess the only thing left is the slipstream, I'm guessing.
Interesting.

Steve Dold ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Say NO to useless over-quoting