-----Original Message-----
From: Kenneth E. Farrow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sunday, October 11, 1998 8:59 AM
Subject: Col. STAPP??

Does my senile memory serve; is this the correct name of the (flight surgeon??) who strapped himself to a rocket sled as part of a (government??) project to determine the effect of (supersonic??) speeds upon the human organism?  would it indeed disintegrate, turn to fluid, burn up, whatever??  and can he so soon have been forgotten by an ungrateful nation/society??  I can find no reference to him in my aviation library nor on the internet.  Are you able to furnish information/bio, or point me at a reference?