Tom Lee writes:

From: Sam Varshavchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: courier-imap@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Courier-imap] pop and imap login
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:27:08 -0500

Tom Lee writes:

Hello,

I configured the file /etc/authlib/authmysqlrc and created the database necessary in my linux box.
it works fine for imap login with [EMAIL PROTECTED]

however, for pop login, it only accepts username, not [EMAIL PROTECTED] as a user ID.

is ther a way to make both imap and pop to use the same login name [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Change all the account names in your mysql table from username to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Just checked that the password for "username" in /etc/passwd is different from what I have in the database.
Once I make both the same, it works fine.

It seems that authlib will check the password in /etc/passwd for "username" and then look for the password "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" in the database.

authlib tries all the active authentication modules in the order they are listed in authdaemonrc