Belmin Fernandez writes:

My goal was to setup:

1) Admin maildir: Have me as super user and another user who's able to read the emails but not change anything (I'll give him acl lr)

2) Public maildir: Have me as super user and have other users be able to just read (lcr) Now, the way I did it, I made the directories with maildirmake (used man, <URL:http://www.flatmtn.com/computer/Linux-Imap-Courier.html>http://www.fla tmtn.com/computer/Linux-Imap-Courier.html as ref).

I then added the Maildirs to etc/maildirshared. Everything works fine but I have to set permission to 777 (not comfortable with that!). I want to know if there's anyway to maybe NOT set uid when courier is opening a maidlir and just go by acl? This way I could give 700 to courier:courier and everything will work perfect!! :-)
Maybe someone else has a better solution?

You must use virtual accounts, and virtual shared folders, which fully implement IMAP ACLs. See maildir/README.sharedfolders.html for more information.