Rudy Gevaert writes:

Hi Sam,

On Tue, 2006-02-14 at 18:33 -0500, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Rudy Gevaert writes:

> Hi Brian and follow courier users,
> > Thanks for your reply. Deleting the field in ldap and remove the > maildirsize file does make it work.Another little question. > I suspect that the upper limit of the quota is arround 4 GIG. Is it
The actual limit is 2 GB.

> possible to increase this?

Yes. Either upgrade to a 64-bit CPU, or upgrade to a platform that represents file offsets as 64-bit quantities.

I do not understand what you mean with the last thing you say.  Fellow
workers don't understand it too.

Would you be so kind to be a bit more verbose about this issue?

It means that 2^31 is approximately 2 gigabytes, which is the maximum positive integer that can be expressed using a 32-bit quantity. On 32-bit platforms, file offsets are a 32-bit quantity, and thus limit the quota setting to about 2 GB.

To reliably use quotas greater than 2 GB you must move to a 64-bit platform.