Eray Aslan writes:

Hello,

We are using courier-imap with squirrelmail as our mail client. We are getting a bunch of the following in our logs:

Jun 5 10:49:36 mail imapd: DISCONNECTED, [EMAIL PROTECTED], ip=[127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=1224, time=1

I am not sure if this is a problem with courier-imap or squirrelmail or

Squirrelmail.

if this is a problem at all since there has been no user complaints. Still, I would like to find our why. Any ideas?

Squirrelmail is buggy.

Strace output is below. Perhaps it will help.

Your strace shows that Squirrelmail simply terminates the connection to the IMAP server, without sending a formal logout command. That indicates either sloppy programming practices, or Squirrelmail crashing internally.