Jason Murray writes:

Here it is: Compiling authvchkpw.c
authvchkpw.c: In function `auth_vchkpw_changepass':
authvchkpw.c:142: warning: passing arg 1 of `parse_email' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
Compiling authvchkpwlib.c
Compiling preauthvchkpw.c
preauthvchkpw.c: In function `auth_vchkpw_pre':
preauthvchkpw.c:67: warning: passing arg 1 of `parse_email' discards qualifiers from pointer target type preauthvchkpw.c:141: warning: passing arg 3 of `vset_lastauth' discards qualifiers from pointer target type Linking <URL:http://libauthvchkpw.la>libauthvchkpw.la *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lvpopmail.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libvpopmail and none of the candidates passed a file format test

*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /var/vpopmail/lib/libvpopmail.a *** Warning: libtool could not satisfy all declared inter-library
*** dependencies of module libauthvchkpw.  Therefore, libtool will create
*** a static module, that should work as long as the dlopening
*** application is linked with the -dlopen flag.   I don't know where to go from here. Any help is appreciated.

Try the vpopmail mailing list.