Hello dear list,

I've got yet another problem with sharable Maildirs and Courier:
I got the task to add a sharable folder in user maildir's on an existing
Courier-IMAP Server.

Therefor I followed the sharable-Maildirs-documtentation from the Courier-page.

My PROBLEM is:

After creating the sharable maildir and folders,
the command 'maildirmake --add...' creates a file called  "sharable-maildirs"
in a users maildir (as it should be).
But there are'nt any links to the shared folder established,
and the user can't  see any shared folder in his client (mostly thunderbird or
KMail).
Has anyone an suggestion on this? Do I have to establish the links by hand?
How can I check if my Courier-Server supports shared folders at all?
I'm new to Courier, I hope this question wasn't ask many times before
(I searched a long time, but didn't find any answer).
At the bottom, I appended details on the problem.

Thank you for any help!

Regards, Dan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The PROBLEM in details:
######### 1)
First I created a sharable maildir (called spam in directory home) with a
sharable folder in it (called .isham)
This is the output of ls -al: in the sharable maildir:

drwxr-xr-t  5 spam users 4096 Jul 31 17:45 .isham

and a ls -al in the folder .isham gives back:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/spam/.isham]# ll
total 12
drwxrwxrwt  2 spam users 4096 Jul 31 17:45 cur
-rw-------  1 spam users    0 Jul 31 17:45 maildirfolder
drwxrwxrwt  2 spam users 4096 Jul 31 17:45 new
drwxrwxrwt  2 spam users 4096 Jul 31 17:45 tmp

######### 2)
Next I tried to establish the links by calling

maildirmake --add ishamtest=/home/spam /home/dan/

which should apply the sharable folder in the Maildir of user 'dan'.
In Dan's maildir, I see the file 'shared-maildirs' :

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/dan]# ll
total 32
drwxr-xr-x  2 demo users 4096 Jul 31 18:32 courierimaphieracl
drwx------  2 demo users 4096 Aug  4 11:10 courierimapkeywords
-rw-r--r--  1 demo users   28 Aug  4 10:59 courierimapsubscribed
-rw-r--r--  1 demo users  239 Aug  4 11:02 courierimapuiddb
drwx------  2 demo users 4096 Aug  4 11:03 cur
drwx------  2 demo users 4096 Aug  4 11:02 new
-rw-r--r--  1 demo users   32 Aug  3 15:28 shared-maildirs
drwx------  2 demo users 4096 Aug  4 12:27 tmp

The file shared-maildirs contains one single-line:
ishamtest       /home/spam

But this is ALL which is done. I can't see anyything more than the file
'sharable-maildirs'

Thank U for help!

--
Dan Popovic