Le dimanche 03 décembre 2006 10:48, krystian a écrit :
> Hi!
> I have virtual users in mysql database with plain text passwords.
> Now I'd like to encrypt passwords in database. Which kind I should use
> (ex. md5, encrypt), so imap courier as well as postfix and squirellmail
> understand encrypted passwords too?

I do use crypted passwords here, the classical crypt(3) way. MySQL has the
ENCRYPT() function to do that.

For Courier authlib, you'll need to set the MYSQL_CRYPT_PWFIELD variable
instead of MYSQL_CLEAR_PWFIELD. If Courier handles these, Squirrelmail will,
too, provided it uses Courier for authentication.

For Postfix, it's a little more complicated, and out of the scope of this
mailing list, I think. I suggest you join the #postfix channel on Freenode
(irc.freenode.net), I hang by there and do use encrypted passwords with
Postfix and Courier, using saslauthd and pam_mysql.

I'd also advise you to do it step by step: Courier is the easiest to set up,
so add a field to your database containing the crypted password, test with
Courier, and only then try Postfix. SASL is a pain.

--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
One2team - 12bis rue de la Pierre Levée - 75011 PARIS