Brian Candler wrote:

>>> Turn up debugging.  Set DEBUG_LOGIN=2 in authdaemonrc.
>>>

>> Does not help too much. Btw this login debugging sounds familiar from
>> the imapd config DEBUG_LOGIN=2 is there not in this file and I already
>> set it to 2.
>>

> No, logging from the imap daemon and logging from authdaemond are two
> different things.

Oh sorry I didn't mean I don't trust you so I already put debug_login to
the authrc :)

But at this point it gets more interesting because I installed courier
ldap on an other ubuntu machine (up2date in vmware) for testing and I
got exactly the same error which means that I must have some problem
with the LDAP schema so I did a dump. Here is my john user what I
created for test:

dn: cn=john,ou=Courier,ou=Services,dc=logonserver,dc=lan
uid: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
sn: john
cn: john
uidNumber: 1005
gidNumber: 102
homeDirectory: /home/users/user1
userPassword:: e01ENX1UbHU2NnZ5Q3EzcWhPRnZxanZYVENnPT0=
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: CourierMailAccount
objectClass: top
structuralObjectClass: inetOrgPerson
entryUUID: 393153d0-7599-102b-9e73-b993dfe12554
creatorsName: cn=admin,dc=logonserver,dc=lan
createTimestamp: 20070402190802Z
entryCSN: 20070402190802Z#000000#00#000000
modifiersName: cn=admin,dc=logonserver,dc=lan
modifyTimestamp: 20070402190802Z

> See http://www.courier-mta.org/authlib/README.authdebug.html
> which gives some examples of the enhanced debugging you can expect to see.

Jax