Le mercredi 11 juillet 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] a écrit :
> Hello all,
> which filesystem is the best one for a partition
> containg only maildir++ mailboxes?
>
> We already use ReiserFS, but have a big IO-Wait.
> (SEARCH and ORDER is slow on big IMAP folders)
>
> Is XFS, JFS, ext3 (with journal and h-tree) or ext4 better?
>
> Any recommendations?

I take it you use Linux. Go with ext3. Not the fastest, not the best one
theoretically, but THE most stable when you use Linux.

That's what I use on our enterprise mail server and it has never failed on me.
OK, we only have 35 users. But OTOH it has never failed either on an Oracle
server with a 750 GB, busy Oracle instance :p

--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
12bis rue de la Pierre Levée, 75011 PARIS