On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 08:42:03AM -0300, Jeronimo Zucco wrote:
> Brian Candler wrote:
> > A simple solution is to look at the mtime timestamp on the 'cur'
> > subdirectory of the Maildir. This is because every time the user logs in,
> > any mail in new/ is moved to cur/, and this updates the timestamp on cur/.
> >

>     For performance reasons, I've disabled log of timestamp access in
> the Maildir's partition with "noatime" option, this solution doesn't
> work  in my setup.

You misunderstand. There are three inode timestamps:

ctime - when file's status was last changed
mtime - when file was modified
atime - when file was accessed

Disabling atime updates doesn't affect the other two. mtime is always
updated when a file or directory is changed. 'man 2 stat' for more info.

Brian.