-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Unable to access shared folders - operation not supported
Date:   Sun, 14 Jul 2013 22:02:33 +1000
From:   R Skinner <ro...@herveybayaustralia.com.au>
To:     courier-imap@lists.sourceforge.net

I've been trying on the IRC channels with this issue (albeit without
much success) as I needed to ensure that all email was being received.
This address seems to be definitely working (as well as other addresses
on the system).

From the start: I had a dying hdd on a server running courier-imap with
TLS successfully. I rebuilt the system and made some changes including
switching to ZFS/NFS for mail storage which worked successfully for a
few weeks but then the hdd had a catastrophic failure and the system
went down for the count. I could access the shared folders with this setup.

Once the system was rebuilt yet again, for some reason I have been
completely unable to access shared folders at all on the system. No
changes had been made to setup at all this time round.

In my logs all I see is: <timestamp> <server> imapd <shared
folder>/tmp/<uuid>_sync.<server>: operation not supported

All my googling on anything remotely related has been for nought. I
tried using truss (similar to strace?) as suggested on IRC, but that
didn't show anything either. It showed exactly what was in the logs, but
the jargon spewed didn't suggest any fault either. All it showed was the
same as in the log immediately after one another.

I'm tearing my hair out now, it has been a week sorting this out so far
now, and I'm no closer to figuring out what happened. Any clues or
suggestions as to what has occurred will be much appreciated.

I'm running courier-imap 4.13 on FreeBSD 9.1 installed from ports.

Cheers